--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cybils Winners Announced!

Today's the day! Remember how I mentioned I was involved in the Round 2 judging for the MG/Elementary Sci-fi and Fantasy panel for the Cybils awards? It was so much fun reading and discussing those seven finalists, but since we could only choose one, we all voted for:

Dreamdark: Silksinger by Laini Taylor

If you haven't picked up this fabulous MG fantasy series, I HIGHLY recommend you start with Dreamdark: Blackbringer, though Dreamdark: Silksinger stands pretty well on its own.  You can read the announcement at the Cybils blog here and check out the winners in all the other categories.  I'm also particularly excited that Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson won the Middle Grade Fiction award.  

And now that the judging is officially over, I can start posting reviews of those delightful other finalists (I read Dreamdark: Silksinger back in December and reviewed it before I became a judge).  Watch for those this week! 
 
Congrats to Laini Taylor and all the other winners!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015