--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 22, 2010

Listless Monday, Paranormal Romance Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!

by Kami Garcia Beautiful Creatures 1 editionShiverFallen
Hush, HushThe Dark DivineCaptivate

As if love, romance, dating, and marriage aren't hard enough, throw in a little paranormal activity, and things can get downright crazy! Since these supernaturals seem to be appearing more frequently, I thought I'd create a list of them (you know, so your love life will seem a little more sane).  Everything from wizards to werewolves is what I've included here.  And since I haven't read as widely in this genre as I thought, feel free to mention some of your favorites! (I've refrained, for the most part, from including faeries/fairy tales, since I have a list that will be dedicated to them coming soon.)

Paranormal Romance

The Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Fallen by Lauren Kate
Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray
Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Immortals series by Alyson Noel
Impossible by Nancy Werlin 
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs (suggested by Christy)
Mortal Instruments series
Need and Captivate by Carrie Jones
Once a Witch by Caroline MacCullough (suggested by Ms. Yingling)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
The Summoning (and sequels) by Kelley Armstrong
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (I'm starting to think of this as the great and abominable Twilight series) 
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
Wings by Aprilynne Pike

What do you think is the very best paranormal romance you've ever read?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

8 comments :

  1. I'm not usually into paranormal romance, but I must say that out of this list, I really enjoyed the first book of the Gemma Doyle trilogy, A Great and Terrible Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit to not liking the rest of that series as much as the first too :) I think I'm getting a bit burned out on them though. Too bad I still have two books on this list waiting for me in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiver and Captivate were both good, as was Once a Witch. There have been a lot of these published recently, and your list is an excellent one I will definitely consult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I better put Once a Witch on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this list could be a mile long, couldn't it! I just finished Hush, Hush, which I really liked. But I have no idea which one to name as a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suey, I know what you mean. I don't think I can pick one either, though I am well able to pick which ones are NOT my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's enough romance in Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series to recommend them for the list. The series is classified as urban fantasy I think: the main character is a shapeshifter and among other plotlines, there is a romantic relationship between her and a werewolf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christy, I've never heard of this series! I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015