--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back in the Library Again

(hosted by Marg of Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire of The Captive Reader)

I'm not entirely sure why it seems like I have erratic bursts interspersed with long dry spells when it comes to the library, but I guess I've just entered a burst.  Here are the delights waiting on my shelf:

Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin
Jane by April Lindner
Scumble by Ingrid Law
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (for book group)
Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder
The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Halt's Peril by John Flanagan
The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley

And, I got some books for my birthday too:
Leviathan and Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld (signing coming up!)
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (cause I love it so much)

And two books for review:
Destiny's Path and The Emerald Flame by Frewin Jones

What did you get this week?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

7 comments :

  1. Extraordinary is on my shelf, and 84 Charing Cross Road is on my list! I got a total of 18 books out of the library this week...I won't list them here :-) Suffice to say I'm probably most excited about Will Grayson, Will Grayson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, definitely move 84, Charing Cross up the list as soon as possible. I think any book lover should read that. 18! That is quite a stack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! (My apologies if this is belated, or has already been said.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great birthday books. I've been meaning to read the Mazerunner for awhile now!

    Recently read/reviewed Jane...wasn't at all impressed with the retelling. She stuck to the storyline but I thought the writing was flat and lifeless...but judging by the rave reviews I"ve seen...I'm in the minority in my thinking! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, thanks! I tend not to tell lots of folks when it is, so I appreciate it even if it's late :)

    Mollie, I'm really intrigued by the idea of Jane, though I have heard some complain about how it is exactly like the original. Hopefully I'll still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday a little late...
    I never seem to run across a copy of 84 Charing Cross Road. It's my favorite book I never read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bybee, as you will notice, I finally had to buy a copy, since I kept wanting to write notes or dog-ear pages :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015