--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seattle Public Library

I haven't posted about a library from around the world in forever (probably because I haven't visited any but my local ones in a while).  But, luckily, I got to visit the Seattle Public Library while I was there over Christmas break. 

What a gorgeous and unique building!  I wish I'd had lots more time to walk around their collection, but we had limited change for the parking.  What we did see was absolutely fabulous.

I had a devil of a time getting a shot of the whole building from the outside (it's pretty tightly wedged among much taller buildings).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The entrance area is totally beautiful.  These are some of my favorite photos:
Photobucket

Especially this one.
Photobucket

I didn't take very many photos from inside, though.  I lack the talent to take interesting photos of metal shelves and people enjoying the collections.  And there were LOTS of people enjoying them!  The children's collection really blew me away - it was huge and there were so many interesting displays.  

Here's a view from the top floor:
Photobucket

More of the same:
Photobucket

Indoor shot of lower levels:
Photobucket

Here's hoping I get to visit more libraries soon!  
Do you have a favorite library building (aside from your local ones which provide such fabulous services)?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

2 comments :

  1. Great pictures! It's quite the unique building. I actually really love my local library - it was rebuilt last year and what a transformation it was! Here's a view into the children's section. Lots of clean lines and plenty of light and seating.
    P.S. Just got my ARC of Across the Universe - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, that is a fantastic children's section! I'm definitely going to highlight my own local libraries now. And you're welcome (sorry it took so long to get there)!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015