--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 10, 2011

First Impressions: Cover Sillies

I'm going to do a little trial run of a new sort-of feature and if you think it's lame or weird, feel free to let me know (or if there are no comments, that's a good indication too :)  

Anyway, what I essentially will do is admit to my ridiculous first impressions of covers.  This could be a silly reaction or simply a misinterpretation of what is being shown.  I want to note that I am NOT making fun of the covers, which I've noticed most people love.  Obviously, that also goes for the contents of the books, some of which I haven't read.  This is purely based on covers.  What I'm saying is that every time I see them, I think something random about it.  Well, let me just show you.

The Iron Witch 
Every time I see this cover, I think: she is smelling her armpit.  Seriously!  I don't know why I think that, but there it is.

And while we're talking about body odors...
 Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Every time I see this cover, I think: he must have some killer bad vampire breath.  I think this will officially make my weirdness public.  Ah, well.

Any thoughts on these?  Any covers you misinterpret?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Hahaha! :D I love this idea!! I'm a person who *guiltily* always judges books by their covers, and some of them look, in my eyes, confusing, funny or just plain weird! So I would love this new segment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! The cover/title I misinterpreted for years until I read the book was Looking For Alaska by John Green. I know I'm not the only one who's done that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I see the armpit thing. I guess they just need you on the cover design committee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BushMaid, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :)

    Holly, I haven't read it yet, but I think I misinterpreted that one too, before I found out the basic plot.

    Shannon, ha! I'd probably make some seriously bad judgment calls, so I'm glad to not be in charge of those things. Especially when so many people judge books by the covers :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015