--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 4, 2011

48 HBC - Halfway There and Then Some.

So, I've made it through the first 24 hours, and I'm about halfway to my (secret) goal of 20 hours.  I'm terrible at staying up too late and then getting up early, so I'm just now dragging myself out of bed.  Still, I think I'm going to get some good reading in!  I wanted to do some very brief reviews (in preparation for longer ones later) of the two books I've finished:

Paranormalcy: a sweet, sassy paranormal that will have you falling in love with the genre all over again.  And sparkly tasers.

Blood Red Road: a gritty futuristic novel with a main character and her love interest that you can't stop thinking about or rooting for. 

What Happened on Fox Street: a bitter-sweet coming of age for a girl growing up on an ordinary street.

Update 2: It's looking like yesterday was my best reading day, which is sad because it wasn't that great.  I had another big and unexpected obligation come up this evening, so I've not had much time to devote to reading.  I may not make it to my secret goal, but I haven't gotten my not-so-secret goal of 16 hrs.  I hope to get in one or maybe two more this evening and tomorrow morning, but no guarantee.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through Okay For Now by Gary Schmidt (love it!) so maybe I'll keep my eyes open long enough.  Keep up the reading, for those of you who are participating! 


Time read since last update: 2 hr 10 min
Total time read: 15 hr 35 min
Time blogged/read blogs since last update: 10 min
Total time blogged/read blogs: 1 hr 40 min
Total participation time:  17 hr 15 min
Total number of books read: 2 (Blood Red Road and What Happened on Fox Street) and 1 partial (finished Paranormalcy)
Total pages read: 970

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Way to go! I've really got to get to Paranormalacy. Everyone seems to have only great things to say about it. Hmmm, does that mean I'll hate it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I'm lousy about staying up late and getting up early, but I'm secretly hoping to get to at least 20 hours, too. Here's to a lazy Saturday full of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! I'm only 8.5 hours in and am also hoping to get to at least 20... but I'll probably fall asleep on the couch early tonight instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I don't know, I think you might enjoy it :)

    Melissa, I sure wish I had done more reading today already.

    Sam, I think I'd probably fall asleep if I stayed up much too!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015