--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 1, 2011

Listless Monday, Not Your Average Magical Creatures


Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!

I thought it would be fun to list books that contain magical creatures - but not just any magical creatures, as that list would be enormous.  No, I wanted to list those book that contain unique, unusual creatures.  Here you'll not find your average vampires or werewolves, but unicorns and selkies and other strange beasties.  

The Last UnicornGrip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven)Ptolemy's Gate (The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Book 3)

Not Your Average Magical Creatures
 
Airborn, Skybreaker, Starclimber by Kenneth Oppel
Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
Beowulf by Anonymous
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull
Firelight by Sophie Jordan
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
Paranormalcy and Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Pegasus by Robin McKinley
Rampant and Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund
Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent (starting with My Soul to Take) (recommended by Julie)

I know there are tons more, so I am hoping you will have some to suggest!


If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

2 comments :

  1. Fantastic list! I haven't read a lot of these, but I love magical creatures (even better when they are different from the norm). I definitely need to read The Last Unicorn soon. It's been on my list for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penelope, I read it so long ago I've forgotten it, but I remember liking it.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015